Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thus Begins the Adventure

Technically, my adventure began yesterday, as I left San Luis yesterday in 105-degree heat to drive to Cheree & Marcos's wedding in Walnut Creek. Hooray for working air conditioning. The wedding was awesome -- brief ceremony, and I didn't know more than three people there, but got to eat with Cheree's boss who also didn't know anybody, and also Marcos's mother who was very nice. I hadn't even yet Marcos at that point, so that was funny to us.

Today, Ken, Megan and I are getting last-minute items together, and I write this from Megan's school where we're making Xerox's and can get wi-fi access.

Tomorrow we leave San Jose at nine for the airport, so we can get there around 10:30, in time for our 1pm flight. And then it's 17 hours to London! The anticipation is hardly bearable.

I'm not taking my laptop, so I don't know how often I'll get to write in Europe, or how easy it will be to upload pictures, but I'll definitely make an update if I get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home