Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Paris -- just a bit less foreign

So... it's hard to believe that I'm nearly halfway through my trip. We've pretty much finished out sightseeing in Paris. We've seen the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, and of course the Eiffel Tower.

We changed our plans to see it at night. It's so funny ... it really inspires a lot of making out among tourists. haha... They shine blue lights on it after dark, which I got some pictures of, and then at midnight, the small blinky white lights on the tower itself go crazy.

After walking the Champs Elysees today (I stopped at the Addidas store and bought a zip-up hoodie and some new sneakers, 'cause my feet are killing me), we saw something in the distance, and got pulled onto Pont Alexandre III, which is the coolest bridge I've seen in Paris. At the end of it is Napoleon's Tomb which looks incredible from a distance. Definitely going to check it out if I ever return.

Tomorrow we go to Versailles, and tomorrow night I hope to check out this cafe on rue Cler that we ate next to last night. We're finally getting pretty comfortable moving around town, and now we're about to leave. It was like this in the UK, too. Hopefully the learning curve is a bit less steeper in Italy than it was here, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home