Friday, June 03, 2005

Enterprise Library Exception Handler

Fortunately using the Exception Handler that comes with the Enterprise Library for .Net doesn't require doing any subclassing to customize (yet). The secret is to use the configuration application. You can add an "email sink" to the list of destinations for your exception processing. A couple articles helped me out:
This one by Matias Woloski, and
This one by Santosh Poojari

The email sink still doesn't work properly, though. For some reason, my application isn't able to instantiate a CDO.Message object. Also, I'm not even able to do the "General" error handling (i.e., logging to the Application Log). I think it has something to do with "instrumentation", but I don't really know what that's about. I'll find out on Tuesday. One thing at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home