Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Install Services

I'm still unclear what the "instrumentation" is all about, but I think it has something to do with message logging WMI events (whatever those are) and performance counters. (And I'm not sure what those are, either.)

In any case, after I ran the "Install Services" executible that came with the Enterprise Library, I stopped getting Application Errors logged that spoke about a failure to load a few different performance counters.

It's under Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft patterns and practices > Enterprise Library > Install Services. (It's the same folder as the Configuration App.)

But that isn't the end of my problems. Logging a normal error to the Application log works, but when trying to send an e-mail, I'm still getting an error.

Sink failed because: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home